BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We're hiring a Retail Marketing Manager. We hope it's you!
You have a strong background in retail marketing, and a deep familiarity with how the world of wholesale works on the brand side of things. In this role, you'll be the go-to person for all retail marketing needs. You'll be responsible for partnering closely with merchandisers, sales teams and creative teams to tell a holistic brand story in order to achieve revenue goals. You'll have a desire and commitment to growing and expanding retailers for our product.
You'll be on a small, fast-moving team that's rapidly expanding BARK's retail presence across the country. You'll be working side-by-side with toy designers, sales people, merchandisers, and all of the dogs. You'll be doing new, challenging, deeply silly stuff every day.
- Be the main marketing point-of-contact at BARK for third-party retailers, partnering with the sales team on in-store excellence and development of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with merchandising, creative, and sales functions to develop and drive best-in-class in-store and online marketing materials.
- Create clear and compelling presentations to communicate marketing strategies and plans to internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly test/learn/refine to trial new marketing tactics and further the business.
- Collaborate with Sales team on both short- and long-term promotions at retail, grounded in consumer insights and business analysis.
- Profoundly well-organized. This role requires the ability to keep track of MANY simultaneous projects and conversations, and keep others on track too.
- Proven ability to work with retailers to get results. Knows how to make stuff fly off the shelves.
- Self-guided missile. This roles requires someone who can operate on their own and still get the job done.
- High-speed improviser. This role requires that a person be able to move quickly, react to new information, and get good work out the door.
- You have direct experience (5+ years) as a marketer working with big retailers. You have made products fly off the shelves before, and you'll do it again.
- You know your way around Excel and Powerpoint presentations, and pitching that presentation in real time to senior executives.
- You have direct experience as a marketer working with big retailers. You have made products fly off the shelves before, and you'll do it again.
- You speak fluent planogram. You know what it takes to build a mean merchandising display.
- Your superpower is getting what you need from big, complicated corporate entities without breaking a sweat.
- You've managed and developed talent on a small team.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for you and your family (including canine members!), a 401k, wonderful team lunches, and countless dogs to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Growth Marketer - SF
Mixpanel, San Francisco
E-Commerce Marketing Manager
Ring, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Field Marketing Manager - U.S.
Algolia, San Francisco
Director of Content Marketing
HyperScience, New York, NY
Membership Sales Advisor
Forward, Los Angeles
Field Marketing Coordinator