BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
BarkBox is looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead our team to develop and deploy new campaigns and copy for (mostly) our digital performance channels. Come shape the brand and invent new ways to introduce BarkBox to the world. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a constantly pivoting environment, and passionate about building the ultimate dog brand.
- Lead the creation of world-class ad creative for BarkBox
- Oversee copywriting and design that spans all customer touchpoints, with a focus on digital (paid social, banners, email, homepage)
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan, concept, and and execute on creative deliverables
- Use ad performance data to test and iterate constantly
- Develop, pitch and execute new campaign ideas in new channels
- Provide critical creative feedback to help shape best-in-class work
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop communication and creative workflow processes
- Manage and mentor the growth of the team in terms of skill sets and career paths
- World class sense of humor
- 10+ years of creative experience with a minimum 5+ years of managerial experience in an ad agency or DTC brand, overseeing both copy and design
- Experience working on creative for digital channels (email, digital paid advertising, in-app, landing pages)
- Powerful collaboration skills
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating best-in-class advertising work
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time in an efficient way, and effectively implement creative feedback to designers and writers
- Take direction from non-creative stakeholders and translate their business needs into creative effectively motivates our audiences across a variety of channels
- Understanding of or willingness to become and expert in dog culture
ATTACH OR LINK TO PORTFOLIO, MATERIALS REQUIRED
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Construction Project Manager - Boston, MA
Cic, Boston, MA
Brightwheel, Denver, Colorado
Web Developer (Design Team)
ProsperWorks, San Francisco, CA
Brand Knew, Los Angeles
Service & Interaction Design Lead – Fjord
Accenture, Quebec - Montreal, Canada
Accenture, NY - New York, USA