WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
BARK is a fast-growing business that serves people who absolutely love dogs and want to make dogs happy. We currently have offices in New York City and Columbus, Ohio and believe people are our strongest asset. We are sniffing for a Senior Accountant to be located in New York who will help us keep up with our expansion and provide the best service possible to the team.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant to join the team in our New York City headquarters. To be successful in this position you will be a strategic individual with managerial accounting, operations and financial management experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Create supporting documentation, schedules, and reconciliations for all major functional accounting areas, including cash, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Inventory, COGS, deferred revenue, and others
- Improve departmental processes and procedures to expedite the close process while ensuring accuracy of financial information
- Own the payroll process, while creating and reviewing agreements for consultants
- Be point person for the company for an annual audit and work in collaboration with tax partners to file returns and required sales tax filings
- Work cross functionally, to support our growth by accounting procedures, including following U.S. GAAP and developing required reporting functions
- Support various ad hoc projects and analysis for management, including forecasts, budgets, and account analysis
- Investigate discrepancies and provide variance explanations through analysis of performance drivers
- Assist with implementation of Netsuite as financial reporting system
- Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration Major
- CPA License
- Proficiency in Excel, Quickbooks & Netsuite
- Experience working in an inventory based CPG company
- Highly organized and detail-oriented team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- 3-5+ Years of Experience
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Risk Manager, Model Development
OnDeck, New York, NY
Senior Cost Accountant
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Director, Investor Relations
Manager, Real Estate Transactions
Knotel, Knotel Denver
Strategic Enterprise Account Executive
Box, Los Angeles, CA
Deputy General Counsel
Twilio, San Francisco, CA