BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Based in New York City, the Senior Planner will focus on merchandise planning, inclusive of demand and inventory planning and is responsible for orchestrating the development and implementation of strategies that will improve inventory efficiency and reduce working capital, while delivering amazing customer service to a variety of customers. The role drives results through strong collaboration with cross-functional leadership within marketing, operations, merchandising, customer service and warehousing and distribution.
- Have significant influence/collaboration within the team to plan, develop and execute forecasting, assortment planning and inventory planning.
- Manage the merchandise plans and kit builds for processing at our warehouse
- Troubleshoot operational exceptions associated with inventory, order assignment, and other issues
- Analyze and maintain our data around loose inventory levels
- KPI Accountability: forecast accuracy, COGS, inventory turnover and customer feedback.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; At least 4-5 years planning and/or analyst experience preferred.
- Super detail oriented, great at managing priorities and processes.
- Expert in Excel, SQL is a plus
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, hands on environment
- Takes initiative, and is a proactive problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Fully proficient skills in assortment planning, retail acumen, marketplace knowledge, consumer knowledge and line planning.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Global Operations Manager - US Exports
Vice President of Engineering
Stanza, San Francisco
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Common Networks, Alameda, CA
Big Data Solution Architect
Kogentix, Schaumburg, IL
Bulk Handling Systems
Electrical Controls Technician - Eugene, OR
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems