As a Data Scientist at BARK, you will be partnering with BARK’s product, growth, marketing, finance, and logistics teams by applying advanced analytical techniques to our rich and varied datasets. In this hands-on strategic role, you will work with leadership across the organization to understand and develop methodologies for optimizing key performance metrics such as retention, campaign and funnel conversion, new subscribers, customer lifetime value, and more. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and manipulate raw data to extract insights and drive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Create data processing pipelines, visualizations, and internal tools for analysis
- Apply statistics and machine learning to create recommendations aimed at improving key metrics
- Proactively, truthfully, and clearly communicate results to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with dev, product, business, and junior peers to create viable data-centric solutions to challenges facing us today
- 2+ years' experience writing readable, modular Python code to handle varied and complex data
- Breadth of knowledge in statistical concepts and techniques
- Excellent proficiency in SQL
- Moderate grasp of bash / Linux
- Excellent data manipulation skills from multiple data sources - “bring your own data engineering”
- Demonstrated aptitude and appetite for picking up new technologies
- Sharp analytical mind with attention to detail and nuance
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for growing and strengthening a business using data driven approaches
- Startup experience, especially in growth marketing or product
- Entrepreneurial attitude - self-starter
- Love of dogs
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, unlimited PTO and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior DevOps Engineer
Top Hat, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Product Designer - Mechanical Engineer - Taiwan
The Trade Desk, Bellevue, WA
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
4Catalyzer, Guilford CT, US
DiDi Labs, Mountain View
Staff Software Engineer - Core-iOT
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN