BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
As a Sr. QA Engineer at Bark, you’ll be working closely with our product managers, software engineers, and designers throughout all stages of the software development life cycle. You should have high standards for quality but know when not to be pedantic about it. Our QA Team is based in both NYC and Columbus, OH so you will need to work well with remote team members.
- Work with product teams throughout all stages of the software lifecycle. Raise questions and concerns in the early planning stages of a project.
- Be a mentor for junior team members
- Actively participate in team meetings and tech kickoffs as a representative of QA
- Help define guidelines and best practices for the QA team
- Write and maintain automated tests
- 4+ years QA Engineering experience, including testing on backend, frontend, and native apps (ios and android)
- Experience working with Github
- Experience writing basic SQL
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with accessibility testing
- Experience working in a Heroku environment
- Experience with Rails and RSpec
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, unlimited PTO and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Area Lead - Security
Software Engineer - Cloud
eero, San Francisco
Payments Engineering Manager
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Samanage, Cary, North Carolina
Infrastruktur Spezialist (m/w/d) (DevOps)