WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
As the Design Engineer at BARK, you will invent and engineer innovative play features for our toys. You will collaborate with our designers from concept to final production to push the limits in manufacturing capabilities and the designs themselves. You will also be responsible for proving concepts through CAD and/or prototyping, and guiding designs to production with your knowledge of materials and processes.
- Skilled in model making and prototyping
- Must be proficient in CAD (Solidworks or Fusion 360)
- 5-7 years of experience
- Familiar with manufacturing techniques and costing, manufacturing engineering experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of materials used in the toy/pet industry
- Ability to collaborate with designers and manufacturers to find the best solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or related field)
- Have a passion for solving problems and pushing innovation within design
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience with manufacturing both soft goods and rubber consumer goods.
- Deploy and develop engineering standards and design practices in support of all Bark toy product development
- Engineer products based on input from design as well as collaborate on new processes and product categories.
- Utilize and develop CAD (Solidworks or Fusion 360) to ensure manufacturability.
- Maintain and assure product quality and development throughout the development cycle.
- Support Bark’s continuous product and process improvement programs incorporating feedback loops to positively influence current and future toy designs.
- Promote new technologies as appropriate to help expand capabilities in creating new products for Dogs.
- Engineering products including setting up BOM using a mix of materials (plush, plastics, etc) and suggest appropriate to optimize need for tools, fixtures and downstream critical controls for products.
- Lead negotiations with manufacturing suppliers to meet specifications, scheduling expectations, and targeted costs
- Lead cost reduction initiatives to maintain product quality and design intent
- Perform cost-benefit analysis, develop requests for quotes, constructed bill of materials, and prepare product specifications to determine the feasibility of new platform releases
- Conceptualize and assist with toy design
- Help create CAD models for prototyping and design
- Work closely with designers to explore new features and techniques to implement in dog toys
- Evaluate and revise work methods and workflow for all functions to ensure best method practices
- Travel to China to ensure QA standards
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.