WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are looking for an Industrial Designer for our Super Chewer team. The toy business within the growing pet industry makes up about $2 billion in annual revenue. BARK wants to grow this brand to bring our ideas to market in a smart and impactful way. We are looking for a talented designer who can help innovate in the industry and bring a unique perspective, executed through strong technical skills and shown through good aesthetic.
- You understand how to communicate volume and character through sketching and have a portfolio that exhibits a level of mastery in composition, color and silhouette.
- You like being part of a team and don’t cringe when getting creative feedback.
- You have experience bringing a product from insight to design and production under your belt.
- You’re comfortable being nit-picky to make sure quality is maintained throughout the process.
- You can communicate creative notes clearly.
- You have strong sketching skills.
- You're proficient in CAD (Fusion 360, Solidworks or Creo)
- You explore toy designs to elevate play for dogs and the parent.
- You have a strong sense of form and branding through product
- You have the ability to show process and design thinking
- You can collaborate with the Design team to create fun and innovative dog toys across various mediums
- You have a degree in Industrial Design
- 2 to 4+ years professional experience
- You're imaginative and fast thinking with the ability to quickly jump from one category to another
- You have strong communication and visualization skills
- You are motivated, self-sufficient and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Toy design experience is a plus
- Quickly generate ideas through sketching and/or 3D modeling (Fusion 360, Solidworks or Creo)
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions with teams across various disciplines
- Successfully present and communicate concepts to the design, merchandising and marketing teams
- Conduct deep-dive market, trend and user research
- Develop production-ready drawings and work with factories to bring a design through to production.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.