WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We are currently seeking an InfoSec Director with experience leading the IT function in a fast growth organization. Someone that thrives in a fast paced environment, and experience building functions and teams from the ground up.
- Responsible for maintaining security and intrusion detection across infrastructure and home grown applications
- Develop a target architecture for security at Bark. Establish and maintain a roadmap to help us get there as well as tracking progress
- Work with Product Owners to influence their products and roadmaps to ensure alignment with target architecture and vision
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy and objectives
- Create and maintain security architecture artifacts (i.e. models, patterns, templates, etc) that can be used (and reused) to leverage security capabilities
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk, where applicable
- Train end users and technical staff in the implementation, use and/or remediation of systems
- Work with General Counsel to develop policies and processes that comply with state and federal law, including incident response and data retention
Required Skills and competencies:
- 5+ years’ experience in:
- Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies - Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Security considerations of cloud computing: including data breaches, incident response, hacking, account hijacking, insider threats, third party/vendors, data loss, DoS attacks and cloud based application delivery.
- Identity and access management - including SSO, employee remote access, third party access and device management.
- Network security - including firewalls, AWS VPC security, multi-site WAN and WIFI security.
- Encryption standards and implementation
Experience with and Knowledge Of:
- New Relic
- Sumo Logic
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, unlimited PTO and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.