The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for all fulfillment and distribution matters relating to BARK’s Retail operation as well as specialized areas of opportunity within BARK’s non-retail distribution operation. Overall, the role includes: setting up new retail customers, constantly monitoring and troubleshooting the retail fulfillment infrastructure, overseeing the impeccable, regular, healthy fulfillment flow of Retail orders, and investigating and making business recommendations around areas of potential improvement within the current Bark distribution ecosystem. Consistent, healthy retail fulfillment, and the avoidance of retail chargebacks is this position’s number 1 priority.
- Manage successful, on-time fulfillment and shipping of all Retail orders with 3PL by establishing Retail SOPs & KPIs with internal partners and 3PL
- Guide and mentor direct reports in all aspects of supply chain management
- Learn all compliance and testing requirements for each Retail partner and demonstrate thorough understanding by summarizing findings for internal team
- Work closely with 3PL to ensure customer compliance guides are up-to-date and fully understood at all times in an effort to avoid all customer chargebacks
- Accountable for measuring chargebacks, conducting root cause analysis to reduce them to lowest possible levels, and working with Finance Team and 3PL to combat chargebacks whenever applicable
- Provide 3PL regular, rolling 12-month Retail Forecast for long-range planning and space allocation
- Collaborate regularly with Retail Team (Sales, Planning, Supply Chain) to understand upcoming orders, new initiatives, and any changes to existing products or customer relationships
- Troubleshoot EDI orders with internal and external partners to ensure healthy flow of order-related-information
- Escalate long-term and short-term fulfillment complications to management if additional resources are needed to mitigate order-level and relationship-level risk
- Conduct speedy, comprehensive investigations into any unfulfilled or late orders; quickly provide root cause analysis and future action plan
- Streamline operations and negotiate with 3PL to minimize fulfillment costs
- Own the analytics of customer service replacement orders and make business recommendations based on findings
- Own returned orders, including undelivered packages, with an aim to discover root cause, smooth out process, and reduce cost
- Own the Bark shipping experience by analyzing troublesome ship methods and shipping lanes and making corrective recommendations
- Minimum bachelor's degree required, with preference in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business degree
- Minimum 5 years related fulfillment experience preferred
- Has willingness to learn and demonstrate full understanding of EDI processing
- Team player who works well in cross-functional settings with both internal and external partners
- Able to do business analysis in Excel
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills are required
- Willing to travel about once /month
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Schiller Park, Illinois