BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are looking for friendly, sales-minded folks to join our Customer Experience team at BARK to provide world class service to dogs and their people. In this role you will offer customers engaging and genuine conversations through different on-line platforms in a fast paced and evolving environment. We're looking for motivated team members to help develop and test new creative, customer-centric sales strategies and summarize trends to provide insight to business partners. A successful Specialist will be someone who embodies and champions our BARK mission and values and is dedicated to spoiling and expressing their love for every dog.
- Embody BARK values and spirit by leading with a servant’s heart approach to customer and co-workers.
- Respond to customers through multi-level platforms including email, phone, text, chat and social channels in order to support and exceed expectations, and deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Think creatively and passionately in order to provide world class experiences for our customers.
- Focused on building relationships with prospective customers with the objective of converting them to BarkBox subscribers by leveraging our personal touch with other dog lovers.
- Collaborate and share customer insights and feedback to all areas of the business including operations, merchandising, and growth in order to best communicate customers needs to BARK partners.
- Must be motivated and self reliant to effectively manage time and productivity to meet business needs in an open work environment.
- A desire to keep our customers insanely satisfied
- A quick and creative problem-solving mind
- Excellent writing, typing and communication skills
- A love for connecting with people through online chat and developing connections in order to provide high-quality experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: excited to pilot and pioneer new initiatives, eager to own responsibilities
- Comfortable with change and a fast-paced workflow
- Ability to confidently employ creative, persuasive negotiation and sales techniques
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a team
- STRONG one-on-one relationship skills: proven ability to build rapport
- Passion and desire to learn: shows genuine interest in taking initiative of own development
- Has emotional intelligence and ability to recognize/steer where the conversation should go
- Naturally inclined to building authentic connections with dog people
- Comfortable with sales focused conversations with potential customers
- MUST LOVE DOGS and their people.
We already have an impressive track record when it comes to support, connection and customer experience, so you'll need to help us continue being the most innovative, crazy, dog-lovin' team in the world.
- Full Time & Part Time (minimum of 20 hours a week) positions available
- Looking for people who can work shifts between 12:00pm-12:00 am Mon-Fri along with a weekend availability from 11:00am-7:30 pm EST
- Office position is located in Columbus, Ohio
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.