ABOUT BARK EATS:
The BARK Eats team is bringing your dog's sophisticated palate into the 21st century. We're creating the future of every dog's relationship with food. As BARK’s latest venture, we have big goals to serve dogs around the globe - but we have a huge advantage in our relationships with so many awesome dogs already. This is a huge market that's wide open for the innovation we're bringing in both product AND service. We’re adding entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed problem solvers to our team to help bring this big vision to life.
The Dog Food Concierge team is responsible for proactive relationship building with our customers and providing accurate and excellent dog nutrition information. This position coordinates, executes, and manages outbound contact programs built to effectively retain customers through positive relationship building, listening to concerns, addressing issues, and educating on available products and services. A customer oriented focus is necessary in order to preserve long term customer satisfaction and a passion for the health and wellbeing of dogs is vital. This position requires someone who is highly organized, has excellent communication skills, displays good-judgment and has experience in a direct selling environment in proactive customer development. As a small team with big expectations, near spotless attendance and timeliness is required, as is a flexible schedule. Bonus points if you have a background in metabolic science, veterinary care, or dog nutrition - at minimum, you should show a strong desire to learn!
- Customer loyalty - responsible for proactive relationship building with customers and facilitating long term customer satisfaction
- Customer service - resolve customer issues, requests and concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions and managing them through to resolution
- Customer obsession - Obsess over the customer experience; escalating systemic issues quickly and identifying opportunities to make the dogs experience or meals better
- Program development - Looks for opportunities to celebrate achievements and “good news” heard from customers and to ensure other departments hear “what is working”
- Delivery scheduling - coordinate delivery changes and schedules for our customers
- Sales - educate customers on available products and services and guide them to purchase the best quality products
- Experience and comfort communicating with customers in person, over the phone and by text, with a natural empathy and love of dogs
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail, each of our customer's dogs and orders are unique
- Comfortable using various technologies and systems
- Willingness and capacity to take initiative of one’s own learning to become an expert
- A quick and creative problem-solving mind
- Aptitude and desire to become an expert in dog nutrition
- Entrepreneurial spirit: excited to pilot and pioneer new initiatives, eager to own responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a team
- Familiarity with the pet industry, dog food industry, and/or dog nutrition is required
- Flexible work schedule to support the needs of customers, which will include some evening and weekend support
- MUST LOVE DOGS and their people
NICE TO HAVES:
- Background in dog or pet nutrition coaching
- Veterinary care or pharmaceutical experience
- Education in metabolic science, chemistry, biology, veterinary medicine, or zoology
- Experience curating custom meal plans for dogs
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Brewing up the future, today.