ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Sourcing team helps to take our unique designs and transform them into products to sell to our customers with the help of our third-party manufacturing partners. Internally, we partner closely with the Design and Supply Chain teams in order to give dogs and their people the best experience possible. If you couldn't tell already, we're dog and customer-obsessed. We pay close attention to cost and quality, are highly flexible and entrepreneurial, and collaborative to a fault.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are seeking to hire a Director of Sourcing or Senior Sourcing Manager for our Bright and Eats businesses to lead BARK’s rapid growth and product expansion in the dog food and wellness space. The position will be based at HQ in NYC, reporting to the VP of Sourcing and will take responsibility for growing portfolios. This position will be responsible for leading the execution of category sourcing strategies for ingredients, contract manufacturing, and primary and secondary packaging. The role will also focus on leading new product launches end to end.
- Execution of category strategies: collaborate with Bright and Eats teams to implement action plans for contract manufacturers, primary components, and secondary components
- Lead supplier selection process for contract manufacturing & supplier agreement negotiations
- Support supply chain and cash flow initiatives: implement vendor management inventory programs, optimize supply chain lead time, and maximize economic value
- New product launches: engage with Marketing and Product Development/Innovation teams to support new development activities. Develop new suppliers and source new material with a focus on speed to market, quality, cost and supply stability.
- Research and maintain continual knowledge regarding supply market dynamics, trade, and industry dynamics
- Manage and maintain lead-time, quality, and delivery negotiations
- At least 5 years in a well-respected supply chain organization with a track record of results managing direct material and packaging categories
- CPG or Direct Selling procurement role in the food/consumable category is required
- Experience with category management across multiple channels and multi-step strategic sourcing processes; able to lead and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills
- Understanding of general procedure to pay processes and systems, including use of ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Manages change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate self and others; easily accepts constructive input from others
- Bachelor's Degree in business, chemistry, engineering, supply chain, or a related field
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
File hosting service
Jobs You May Like
Principal Security Engineer, Threat Detection & Response
Gemini, New York NY, Portland OR, Chicago IL, San Francisco CA