BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
On the BARK Retail team, we are looking for smart, strategic, and creative individuals who have a passion for growing BARK’s business in existing Retail channels and for developing the brand in new channels and points of distribution. We seek a National Accounts Manager who has solid retail fundamentals and who can confidently close and run today’s product-based business. The strongest candidates will be those inspired to evolve the retail conversation as we grow. Bark magic has transformed the world of dog toys and treats, and now we are looking to apply the same entrepreneurial spirit of surprise and delight to the world of retail.
We value true partnership relationships. We aspire to expand upon our strength to merchandise amazing products with our ability to design experiences to engage dog people and amplify the BARK brand. We are dog people, first and foremost. Our love for our pups makes us best at what we do.
- Land, implement & develop select retailers across different channels of trade.
- Ownership of day-to-day account management, with an opportunistic eye for account growth.
- The ability to successfully manage third party sales reps and/or accounts directly.
- Build strong relationships with both retail partners & internal team members; this includes leadership of current initiatives as well as opportunistic growth pitches; and travel to retailer HQ.
- Development and implementation of accounts’ overall strategy; this includes translating retailer challenges and needs into BARK opportunities and monitoring on-going execution to optimize learning and success.
- Take accountability for key account revenue and profitability goals; seek opportunity throughout the year to deliver above plan.
- Assist team in development and execution of channel marketing initiatives – in-store experience, floor sales training & incentives, promotional activity.
- Provide input, alignment and proper execution of demand needs and financial analysis for each opportunity.
- Monitor product assortments, sales and inventory positions of all accounts, to ensure optimum sell-through as well as sell-in.
- Maintain general market awareness and knowledge of account activities; monitor/ communicate competitive conditions and product/design trends.
- Ensure cross-functional communication within BARK retail team.
- Work alongside the retail management team and finance to negotiate terms, discounts, freight and return requests in line with internal goals. Will also have responsibility for implementing and enforcing Online and Digital advertising policies to ensure accounts are following the most updated set of policies.
- Travel as needed to build relationships, gain trust and commitments from our retail partners.
- Collaborate with internal and partner resources to manage, track & rectify chargebacks as needed.
- Conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity as you represent yourself and the BARK brand.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in managing national accounts with retailers, small and large. A diversified portfolio is preferred.
- Highly skilled in retail account management – experience with multiple channels of trade & key retailers.
- Obsessed with customer relationships & long-view account planning/expansion
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, be proactive and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization, negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate cross-departmentally.
- Sound financial analysis to determine retailer and Bark profitability.
- Not afraid to make a fart joke
- Must love dogs. No need to watch the movie Must Love Dogs..
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York or Remote from San Diego, CA. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Help the world share their story