BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've become the fastest growing pet company and have shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world. We have also expanded to new areas including preventative health, and food. Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof!
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR
We are looking for a dog loving Machine Learning Engineer to help BARK drive improvements in performance by effectively applying statistics, math, and machine learning to BARK’s unique business, product, and technology challenges.
Here are the main projects we envision you working on:
- Leveraging BARK’s rich text data to find new insights and train NLP/NLU models
- Contribute high quality code to BARK’s production machine learning frameworks
- Designing experiments and applying appropriate statistical inference methods to interpret historical data and drive decision-making
- Simulation and modeling of churn, revenue, and engagement
In addition, you’ll work with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Product Managers, and fellow Data Scientists on a close-knit team. You’ll be trusted to provide expertise, organize and summarize insights and results for business partners, and collaborate throughout the organization as needed.
- Advanced degree (Master of Science or Engineering, or Ph.D.) in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Engineering *OR* 6+ years experience as a full-time Data Scientist / ML Engineer
- 2+ years of experience applying machine learning in a full-time role
- 4+ years of experience writing code, 2+ years in Python
- Experience building NLP/NLU models
- Experience with text data analysis
- Experience actively contributing to a production codebase
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and proven ability to deliver high-value data science projects
- Strong data manipulation skills with multiple data sources and high dimensionality
- Comfortable with version control, relational databases, big data tools, AWS, and visualization libraries
These are not prerequisites, but here are some things that would stand out to us:
- Strong competency in SQL (we use Redshift and Postgres)
- Skilled in presenting and visualizing results for a business audience
- Knowledge of computer vision algorithms
- Knowledge of recommender systems
- Data science experience with consumer goods data and/or subscription services
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working in a startup environment
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.