ABOUT THE TEAM:
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We’re sniffing for a Product Designer Manager in our New York City office to be a player coach for our growing design team. As a Product Designer Manager at Bark, you will use your expertise to lead and mentor a team of designers and help evolve the user experience and product vision for our existing and future product lines. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader for the team, but will also still enjoy regularly rolling up their sleeves to design.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of designers.
- Collaborate, sketch, whiteboard, wireframe, deliver pixel-perfect deliverables, and iterate to learn how to improve our digital experiences.
- Produce product design UI deliverables for collaboration and handoff with Engineering
- Help lead evolution of our design system/s across different product verticals
- Bring a user-centered mindset to solve user problems through design
- Contribute to our design culture through thought leadership
- Conceptualize and design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to execute rounds of user testing to validate hypotheses and de-risk new features and releases with user interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated usability tests, surveys and screener creation, etc.
- At least 5 years experience working as a Product or UI/UX Designer with at least 2 years managing other designers.
- Strong portfolio including examples of elegant UI designs that showcase your user-centered design thinking
- Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, and layout
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Abstract, Adobe CC, etc.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
- Experience collaborating on user research and usability testing (functional usability, A/B, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated, etc.)
- Experience w/responsive and/or mobile products
- Must love dogs!
- Experience with e-commerce or digital marketing is a plus
- Understanding of best design practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility
- Confidence to bring new tools and fresh ways of thinking to the table
- Understanding of best, leanest ways to test and de-risk product assumptions before shipping, avoiding as much research bias as possible
BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
The social news and entertainment company.