Director of Fulfillment, Marketplaces
BarkBox, Seattle, WA; Columbus, OH; New York, NY
A monthly box of dog goodies
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The BARK Marketplaces (Barketplaces) team is responsible for selling BARK products on online marketplaces where millions of dog parents in the US, and around the world, are shopping for their dogs (e.g. Amazon). Our mission is simple: to have a BARK product come up at the top of the search results for anything a dog parent may want or need. We're growing 300% each year but we know there's still much more we can do. Our team is energized by growth, driven to find creative ways to do things differently, undeterred by the unknown or resource constraints, light hearted and supportive of one another.
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan and millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, and then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (TEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics and relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly and don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are seeking a Marketplace Fulfillment leader to join our Logistics/Supply Chain team. The position will report to the VP of Logistics and be responsible for scaling our direct to consumer operation in multiple locations building a best in class distribution model for our Amazon, Walmart and other drop ship customers. The role requires a high energy Self Starter with experience in FBA and SFP models using both 3PL and proprietary distribution channels. This individual will have complete COGS ownership for distribution, transportation, 3PL and storage costs while “hitting the ground running” to overhaul our dynamically growing business.
- Develop diversified fulfillment operations that can support the rapid growth of the Marketplaces business across new marketplaces.
- Optimize operations to save costs and gain more margin for the business.
- Own all communications around fulfillment operations and performance to ensure the team is aligned and informed.
- Establish and continuously optimize processes to improve reliability and cost efficiencies for Marketplaces fulfillment including:
- Fulfilling products direct to marketplaces customers via our own warehouses
- Transferring products to be fulfilled through marketplace distribution
- Kitting and de-kitting product bundles as required.
- Report on all fulfillment operations costs and metrics, including: Warehouse Storage, Transfers, Outbound Fulfillment, Amazon Fulfillment Costs and Warehouse Operations.
- Manage communication and collaboration with cross functional teams including:
- Partnering with the Planning team to ensure understanding of projected fulfillment needs.
- Working with the Inbound team to ensure PO’s are en-route on time.
- Managing the Warehouse receiving POs, and the reconciliation process.
- Collaborating with Finance to ensure accurate reporting of costs.
- Working with the GM of the Marketplaces business to understand business priorities, and report on key metrics.
- Manage a range of Warehouse Operations functions including but not limited to:
- Order Management
- Container Tracking
- Receiving & Stocking
- Inventory Control
- Strategic 3PL Partnerships
- Cancellations & Order Retention
- Bi-Coastal Replenishment
- KPI Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply chain/Industrial Engineering or other relatable field
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in warehouse/Drop ship distribution models
- Experience in both BtoB and DtoC Ecommerce organizations with track record of high growth.
- End to end Supply Chain experience in Ecommerce is critical
- Expertise with Amazon and Walmart marketplace distribution a must
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to adapt to a rapidly growing environment.
- A quick, creative and critical thinker.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a team in multiple locations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Operations liaison with Marketplace GM and planning department
- Familiarity with the pet industry, dog food industry, and/or dog nutrition is a plus
- MUST LOVE DOGS and their people
BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price