BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We are currently looking for an experienced and dog loving Manager to lead our Data Engineering team. This person will be the resident expert and core contributor in building scalable and resilient systems to ingest, process, store, and serve data used in customer-facing applications, KPI reporting, company strategy, and day-to-day operations.
Leading a small team of engineers, you’ll be reporting to the VP of Data & Analytics under the CTO and collaborating directly with other leaders across engineering, analytics, product, finance, logistics, sourcing, sales, planning, marketing, customer service, and legal to create data solutions that support BARK’s continued success & growth. We’ll be relying on you to:
- Be one of the top contributors to the data team’s code base
- Set impactful goals for the data engineering team
- Manage your team to successfully reach these goals
- Empower your teammates to do their best work & mentor them technically
- Lead cross-functional projects with hard timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Hire and train data engineers as the team expands
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- 4+ years experience coding in Python
- 4+ years experience deeply focused in data engineering & cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years experience managing / mentoring less experienced developers
- Excellent written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Experienced in Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift, and Postgres
- Experience with cloud networking (security groups, VPN/VPCs, DNS, etc)
- Experience working with Google Cloud, Spark, and streaming data
- Entrepreneurial startup attitude
- Experience working with data scientists, ML engineers, and product teams
- Love of dogs & furry friends
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.