BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated InfoSec/Cybersecurity expert to join our team. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver who will take ownership of critical security related work. The InfoSec Manager will work closely with the People, Tech, and Legal teams to create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy and objectives
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk, where applicable
- Train end users and technical staff in the implementation, use and/or remediation of systems
- Work with General Counsel to develop policies and processes that comply with state and federal law, including incident response and data retention
- Support PCI and SOX initiatives, internal technology audits, and GDPR/CCPA initiatives
- Responsible for maintaining security and intrusion detection across infrastructure and home grown applications
- Develop a target architecture for security at Bark; establish and maintain a roadmap to help us get there as well as tracking progress
- Work with product owners to influence their products and roadmaps to ensure alignment with target architecture and vision
- Create and maintain security architecture artifacts (i.e. models, patterns, templates, etc) that can be used (and reused) to leverage security capabilities
A diverse technical background with 5+ years’ experience in:
- Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies - Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Security considerations of cloud computing: including data breaches, incident response, hacking, account hijacking, insider threats, third party/vendors, data loss, DoS attacks and cloud based application delivery.
- Identity and access management - including SSO, employee remote access, third party access and device management.
- Network security - including firewalls, AWS VPC security, multi-site WAN and WIFI security.
- Encryption standards and implementation
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- Ability to be the security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background; Exceptional communication skills with cross-functional audiences
- Must demonstrate proven success in working independently as well in a team and exhibit follow-through to understand root causes of issues
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, unlimited PTO and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.