WHO WE ARE:
The BARK Eats team is bringing your dog's sophisticated palate into the 21st century. We're creating the future of every dog's relationship with food. As BARK’s latest venture, we have big goals to serve dogs around the globe - but we have a huge advantage in our relationships with so many awesome dogs already. This is a huge market that's wide open for the innovation we're bringing in both product AND service. We’re adding entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed problem solvers to our team to help bring this big vision to life.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN FOR:
We’re looking for a rockstar to shape the creative direction of our dog food business, BARK Eats. It’s the kind of role where you’ll both be strategic and hands-on - think of it as the first creative hire at a startup. You’ll be both the overall creative lead and the hands-on designer. One day you may be creating UI flows, the next you might be designing Facebook ads or delivery-van-decals, the next packaging graphics. It’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a creative brand and team from the ground up. Oh and if it’s not incredibly obvious - you must love dogs.
- Develop a strong design language for the brand that is innovative and dog-centric.
- Lead all creative projects for BARK Eats including (but not limited to) packaging, website, ads, etc.
- Build and lead a creative team for the business
- You’ve 10+ years of experience with consumer products and advertisement - dog product experience is cool but not a must.
- You have a strong working knowledge of brand development, online advertising, interactive commerce, packaging, merchandising experience, and overall knowledge of the creative process.
- You know how to effectively communicate across many mediums, both digital and physical.
- You’ve previously worked in a fast-paced environment where you can balance the need to meet deadlines and not obsess if something isn’t a pixel-perfect design.
- You have broad creative experience and enjoy playing all roles on the creative team across concept development, copy, graphics, UI/UX, etc
- Dog person (duh!) and a solid understanding of life with a dog and the challenges involved with finding the right food for your dog.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proactive / self-starter - can go far without having to ask for granular direction or guidance.
- Comfortable with evolving visual systems and developing a design language as Eats continues to grow into new markets and opportunities.
- Bonus if you have led and/or built creative in-house team at a "digitally native" consumer product brand.
- Able to work cross-functionally and balance different priorities.
- Comfortable with moving fast and adapt to changing strategies.
- Has a get-it-done attitude, and can meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent Adobe Suite skills.
- Strong cross-functional communicator.
- Have we mentioned you have to be a dog person?
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in [insert location here]. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.
Jobs You May Like
Internal Medicine Physician
Heal, Atlanta, GA