BARK RETAIL: WHO ARE WE?
As a complement to our popular DTC subscription businesses, BARK Retail is actively engaging dog parents across partners in various sectors. These partners range from food retailers to drugstores, to mass-market chains, membership clubs, pet specialty businesses, lifestyle brands and more. The team boasts a portfolio of channel leading partners that we are proud to call family. There is tremendous white space in front of us, and our ambition for BARK Retail is great. We aspire to do more and better in the space, to think through the dog’s eye view, and to consider ourselves true partners with both our dog parents and our retail customers.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
In the Marketing Analyst: Retail Strategy, we are looking for a proven analyst / insights leader to join our team in order to inform and inspire BARK’s Retail business strategy. Your role will be to leverage your strategic thinking capabilities, analytical skills and insights to identify short and long-term growth opportunities for the retail business. You will be the team go-to for Category, channel and retailer expertise, as well as portfolio performance and shopper insights. Additionally, you’ll uses those insights to inform strategic planning, product development and marketing campaigns.
In the end, your goal is to help BARK grow in key product categories and to mine new business opportunities.
- Analyze market data to identify opportunities and proactively communicate them to the team.
- Integrate data from multiple resources (Nielsen or IRI, consumer panel data, insights, etc).
- Organize and analyze large transactional data sets and develop processes and systems to extract knowledge or insights about brand performance and consumer behavior from said data.
- Develop actionable insights and growth strategies for optimizing retailer performance, driving Category growth and informing the long-term retail product pipeline.
- Inform and inspire sales, product, merchandising, and design by using your insight to inform assortment, merchandising, pricing, and shelving strategies.
- Develop and share key reports to monitor and share business performance and key trends.
- Provide periodic and ad hoc analysis reporting based on customer and business need.
- Create fact-based selling stories for presentations to buyers that you’ll deliver and participate in for internal and customer presentations.
- Play a key support role in building the BARK Retail annual business plan based upon analytical review of performance, category trends, white space opportunities, competitive landscape, and strategic direction for BARK and our customers.
- Partner with the team to find ways to visualize and communicate your work.
- A proven track record working in CPG / retail, ideally with experience in data analytics, POS data or consumer insights.
- Proven ability to interpret data into insights and key selling points that will drive brand and category growth.
- 2-5 years of successful experience with CPG analytics.
- Ideally some knowledge of POS data systems (Nielsen, IRI) required; experience with retail customer-provided data preferred.
- Experience working in a complex organization, with a natural aptitude for problem-solving, cross functional collaboration and highly effective communication skills.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A highly motivated self-starter, with a drive to innovate BARK in the retail space.
- Strong analytical and technical experience and knowledge.
- Intellectual curiosity - you’re not afraid to continuously question data, asking deep dive questions and pursuing answers that may not be readily apparent.
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box to mine insights and identify innovative solutions.
- Comfortable working a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, functions, charting, etc), PowerPoint, and Slides (graphic presentations, selling stories, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must love dogs and be inspired to super-serve pups!
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange