BARK RETAIL: WHO ARE WE?
As a complement to our popular DTC subscription businesses, BARK Retail is actively engaging dog parents across partners in various sectors. These partners range from food retailers to drugstores, to mass-market chains, membership clubs, pet specialty businesses, lifestyle brands and more. The team boasts a portfolio of channel leading partners that we are proud to call family. There is tremendous white space in front of us, and our ambition for BARK Retail is great. We aspire to do more and better in the space, to think through the dog’s eye view, and to consider ourselves true partners with both our dog parents and our retail customers.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Retail Marketing Manager to accelerate the growth of BARK at retail. This role will report to the head of marketing and strategy. Your role will be to lead BARK’s day-to-day customer and shopper marketing planning and execution, as well as engagement programming across all of our retail partners. BARK is an innovative and experiential brand, and we need someone who thinks creatively. Standard retail marketing practices apply, but ultimately fall short of our brand ambition - we want to improve, evolve, and innovate the current retail experience and we need someone who loves to experiment and think outside the box.
- Recommend, develop, and execute marketing strategies, plans, and programs for specific product lines within the BARK portfolio. These include advertising, social/ digital communication, retail programming, in-store visual merchandising, and event programming.
- Aspire to create strategic shopper programs. You’ll do this through digital and social media, customer loyalty programs, account-specific marketing assets, and disruptive point of sale tools that drive awareness and conversion.
- Build strong relationships (both internally and externally) across BARK sales, planning, marketing, PR, merchandising, and creative design teams, as well as among external customer marketing teams.
- Lead cross-functionally by setting marketing plan objectives and goals, gaining alignment on marketing strategies, and driving flawless execution that is on time and on-budget.
- Set program KPIs, track and report on program performance, and conduct post-program analyses with recommendations how to optimize in the future.
- 4-6 years marketing experience with a proven track-record of driving retail awareness and engagement.
- A proven ability to develop and deliver against actionable insights
- Shopper marketing, channel and event experience preferred.
- Experience in persistently but diplomatically navigating matrixed organizations to solve problems big and small.
- Experience in confidence building relationships with external partners
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to positively influence various partners.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as within a cross-functional team.
- A creative thinker, with a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional project & time management skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and execution skills.
- Strong and effective verbal, written and presentation delivery skills.
- Ability to build & leverage informal networks.
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgment.
- You’re a crazy dog person and you’re not afraid to own it. It’s to the point that you own several items of clothing, all of which say different variations of “I’m a crazy dog person and I’m not afraid to own it.”
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Jobs You May Like
Brand Identity Designer
Brand Knew, Los Angeles