ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Design team is responsible for all creative work across toys and toy development. We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny and innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs and their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, and love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an Industrial designer for our Super Chewer team. Super Chewer is BARK’s brand that makes toys and treats for dogs that looooove to chew. We are looking for a talented designer who can help innovate in the industry and bring a unique perspective, executed through strong technical skills and shown through good aesthetic. The ideal person is eager to help grow a brand by bringing ideas to the market in a smart and impactful way. Oh, and you must love dogs. Like LOVE dogs.
- Collaborate with the Design team to create fun and innovative dog toys across various mediums
- Explore toy designs to elevate play for dogs and the parent
- Able to quickly generate ideas and through sketching and/or 3D modeling (Fusion 360, but open to providing other 3D programs).
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions with teams across various disciplines.
- Successfully present and communicate concepts to the design, merchandising, and marketing teams.
- Conduct deep-dive market, materials, trend and user research.
- Develop production-ready drawings and work with factories to bring a design through to production.
- You understand how to communicate volume and character through sketching and have a portfolio that exhibits a level of mastery in composition, color and silhouette.
- You have experience bringing a product from insight to design and production under your belt. You’re comfortable being nitpicky to make sure quality is maintained throughout the process.
- You know how to communicate creative notes clearly.
- You have the ability to show process and design thinking and and know how to translate form and branding through product.
- Former toy design experience (for dogs or for children) is a plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2- 4+ years professional experience in industrial design, toy design background preferred.
- Degree in Toy or Industrial Design.
- Proficient in CAD (Fusion 360, Solidworks, or Creo).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Strong communication and visualization skills.
- Strong sketching skills.
- Motivated, self-sufficient with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Imaginative and fast thinker with the ability to quickly jump from one category to another.
- Able and willing to work in a collaborative environment.
- Have we mentioned you gotta love dogs?
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Proud makers of TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint.