WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan and millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, and then to our end customers by all means possible (TEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics and relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly and don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership for developing and executing fulfillment network strategy to support BARK growth. In this key role, you will be responsible for analyzing inbound, fulfillment, and outbound logistics networks and developing a 3-year network strategy to reduce product lead time, cost, and improve delivery speed to BARK customers.
You will partner with product, planning, operations, and technical functions and create integrated processes among Sourcing, Merchandising, Operations, Logistics, and outside suppliers. You will focus on optimizing the fulfillment network, reducing cost and eliminating waste throughout the supply chain and creating visibility and efficiencies wherever possible. The successful candidate will be a person who is comfortable with ambiguity and excels at diving into data to analyze root causes and implementing long term solutions.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Define transportation and fulfillment network strategy and work with cross functional teams on scaling fulfillment and transportation network.
- Manage full lifecycle (concept to execution) of complex fulfillment network projects.
- Identity best in class supply chain technology and infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business, as well as scale for future growth.
- Create mechanisms to drive optimization in fulfillment network.
- Determine overall optimal supply chain processes for Bark across all products and markets.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks to measure the success of the materials and logistics initiatives. Results against goals will be measured on a regular basis and present to senior leadership.
- Assist in the development of annual supply chain Capital budgets in accordance with the overall strategy to achieve company goals.
- Support site management on major fulfillment issues, implement program modifications within contracts and support business units to meet company requirements.
- Support inventory strategy execution and implement best practice S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process. Ensure overall capacity is secured throughout the network.
- Leverage best practices where opportunities arise across all business units and drive compliance as defined by Supply Chain operation.
- Ensure that supporting project initiatives in key areas of the business are on time and on budget.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experienced Supply Chain Strategy leader with degree in Supply Chain preferred.
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply chain/demand forecasting and distribution execution across product lines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects at an enterprise level.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to present supply chain strategy to the executive leadership team.
- Excellent strategic problem solving, negotiation & analytical skills; strong business acumen.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to self-initiate and prioritize workload to meet goals and objectives on time and on budget
- Ability to analyze information effectively and consistently
This is a full-time position. It is currently remote and can be located in any of our team locations including Seattle, WA, Columbus, OH, or New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.