WHO ARE WE:
The Accounting team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving accountants who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include closing the general ledger monthly and producing GAAP Financials. As a member of the accounting team, you'll take ownership and become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. You'll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills and tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient and effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, and playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who manage voluminous tax matters. This candidate has strong time management skills and has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. The candidate is a team player, always willing to roll up their sleeves and provide assistant to the finance team.
- Prepare quarterly tax provisions in accordance with GAAP
- Drive US and international sales tax compliance, including managing existing and future sales and use tax registrations, overseeing sales and use tax filings, and performing regular review of use tax compliance
- Manage, investigate and resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic and international
- Manage income filings -- all federal and state income tax filings, including overseeing the calculation of the provision, developing processes to calculate and reconcile deferred tax assets and liabilities, and ensuring timely filing and payment of all extensions and returns.
- Monitor future tax legislation, research the impact on the Company's financial position, and work with Controller and external partners to advise on the best position to optimize tax planning
- Design and implement controls to ensure the Company's tax liabilities and financial statements are accurate and in compliance with local and state laws as well as GAAP
- Become the go-to tax person, acting as the internal and external point of contact for all tax-related inquiries and analysis
- Lead continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality
- Plan and execute global tax strategies in compliance with regulations
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision Process
- Experience with preparing and filing US sales tax returns
- Experience identifying and implementing international sales tax compliance and
- Experience working with NetSuite, a plus
- Exposure to global transfer pricing rules and regulations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: BS accounting preferred;
- CPA required
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
This position is a [full-time/part-time/salaried/exempt] position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price