WHO WE ARE:
One of BARK’s newest ventures, BARK Bright, is a single name that dogs & their people can trust across categories when making decisions about wellness. Their mission is simple- to make dogs happy by making it effortless for humans to support their dogs' health.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR :
We’re looking for a superstar Copywriter to concept, develop and execute copy for our growing health and wellness product line, BARK Bright. In this role, you will constantly be brainstorming new creative concepts, developing campaigns, and writing any and all copy across various channels. You must be someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, has a witty tone, and obviously must love dogs!
- Write and edit copy across multiple customer touchpoints such as packaging, emails, website, product descriptions, marketing materials and ad campaigns
- Work with a small creative team to enhance and expand the growing BARK Bright brand voice.
- Take complex information and effectively simplify while educating customers on a complex product offering.
- Approach all projects through a strategic lens, honing your problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking, and writing chops.
- Work with different teams to understand and execute on varying business needs and objectives.
- Present work and thought process in an organized way
- You’ve got 7+ years of experience within copywriting and strong conceptual skills
- A versatile writer who has experience with both advertising and branding- you can also execute across platforms and tailor your copy accordingly.
- Should have experience developing campaigns from initial concept through final execution. Must have strong experience in short-form copy
- Strong drive to research, learn and build upon existing knowledge within the dog wellness industry and its competitors. The ability to apply and pitch new ideas based on learnings.
- Experience taking dry or dull content and converting it into witty and lighthearted copy!
- Experience in SEO/digital copy is a major plus!
- Dog person (duh!) and a solid understanding of life with a dog and the challenges involved with caring for your pooch!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A knack for good storytelling and conversational writing–ability to sprinkle humor and wit into otherwise dry information
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and to turn around tight, smart, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
- Excels at time-management and triaging an ever-changing priority list
- Confidence articulating your own ideas and creativity on projects
- Self-motivated: desire and ability to own projects
- Must have a funny and lighthearted tone of voice!
- Candidates must provide a portfolio with copywriting samples!
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.
Jobs You May Like