Creative Strategist/Copywriter, BARK Essentials
New York, Full Time
WHO WE ARE:
The Essentials team creates thoughtful everyday items so dogs and their humans can live their best life together. From beds to poop bags to crates, each one of our products is meant to bring simplicity to everyday routines, while innovating for dog sensory needs. Our team is small but scrappy, and we work cross-functionally to bring our products to market. We’re dog-obsessed and love to collaborate (with people AND pups - someone has to try out the new bed designs) and we never take ourselves too seriously. If you love dogs and want to make the best of the best for their everyday lives, come join us!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We’re looking for a Creative Strategist/Copywriter hybrid with exceptional writing and conceptual skills who will join the team as a key contributor in the early stages of product development. In this role, you will ideate creative concepts and write copy that highlight the BARK, Essentials products!
- Work closely with the creative team to concept and develop creative strategies that primarily focus on basic product development - how do we make the BARK product standout?
- Work with a small creative team to enhance and expand the growing BARK Essentials brand voice.
- Concept and write copy across multiple customer touch points such as packaging, website, product descriptions, marketing materials and ad campaigns
- Approach all projects through a strategic lens, honing your problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking, and writing chops.
- Take complex information and effectively simplify while educating customers on a complex product offering.
- Work with different teams to understand and execute on varying business needs and objectives.
- Present work and thought process in an organized way
- You’ve got 5+ years of experience in strategy and ‘expert’ skills in writing and concept development.
- Strong drive to research, learn and build upon existing knowledge within the dog industry and its competitors. The ability to apply and pitch new ideas based on learnings.
- A versatile writer who has experience with both advertising and branding, and understands the difference between the two. You can also execute across platforms and tailor your copy accordingly.
- A knack for good storytelling and conversational writing–ability to sprinkle humor and wit to otherwise dry information
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and to turn around tight, smart, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
- Excels at time-management and triaging an ever-changing priority list
- Confidence articulating your own ideas and creativity on projects
- Self-motivated: desire and ability to own projects
- Candidates must submit a portfolio of concepts and writing samples that showcase your breadth of work–headlines, articles, emails, social media.
This position is a full-time position, located at our office in Manhattan. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Associate Scientist, Biomarker and Clinical Assay De...
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Connectivity Engineer (Fiber, Network, Transmission, Circuit)
NBCUniversal, Centennial - Colorado, Englewood Cliffs - New Jersey,