WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who can build an internal audit function from the ground up. This candidate has strong project management skills and has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Ability to build productive working relationships with management, co-workers and external parties.
- Work with process owners to identify process-level risks and to design and implement mitigating internal controls
- Develop annual Audit Plan and execute against plan
- Lead the annual ERM Assessment
- Plan financial, operational, sox and compliance audits
- Execute internal audits, including:
- Risk assessment and control identification
- Process understanding and documentation
- Audit test design and execution
- Audit documentation
- Report writing
- Agree audit findings, remediation and action plans with management
- Follow up on remediation of audit findings
- Identify systems, business and process improvement opportunities
- Design analytics of business transaction data to support audits
- Perform special projects and investigations
- Report findings to the Audit Committee of the board
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with all aspects of planning, executing and reporting audit projects that address a combination of operational and technology objectives
- Detailed knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, and GAAP
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA Certification
- E-commerce/consumer product experience highly preferred
- Advanced ability to evaluate the materiality of issues and see the big picture.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques
- Advanced ability to write and edit clear and concise work papers and Reports.
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance software a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and connect the dots across multiple areas
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in any of our BARK offices. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.