WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
The BARK Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys and product design, product development, marketing, photography. We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny and innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs and their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, and love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
As the Merchandising Assistant for Super Chewer, you’re in charge of supporting our efforts to serve the right product, to the right dog, at the right moment. You’ll work closely with our Director of Product Development to ensure we’re focused on the details in delivering differentiated value to all of our Super Chewer dogs. You’ll also partner with the planning, sourcing, and retail teams to deliver ad hoc business reporting and presentations that track on historical performance as well as help drive future strategy.
You’re in charge of tracking customer needs, product performance and market trends, and making sure everyone on the team has access to the information they need to operate a thriving business.
- Report on KPIs and monthly goals for the physical Super Chewer product
- Create and communicate customer insight and market trend reports for the team
- Manage the Super Chewer product and packaging archive
- Track cross-functional product initiatives to make sure they go seamlessly from brief to launch
- Create and communicate regular product briefs for our photo, customer service team, retail, and creative teams
- Technical aptitude with spreadsheets and presentation decks. Photoshop skills a plus!
- Organization & effective time management: demonstrated ability to prioritize, keep focus, and deliver tasks on time in a creative environment.
- Diplomacy & collaboration: easily and effectively works with different teams.
- Communication: crisp, clear communication and ability to simply recap complex ideas.
- Empathy for the customer: always come from the customer POV first.
- Be bold: never shy away from a challenge or be afraid to try something new.
- Demonstrates being proactive.
- 1-3 years of experience in merchandising (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical thinking and experience generating reports
- A passion for process and operations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Have a strong point of view while remaining flexible to all perspectives in the room
- LOVES dogs
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in any of our BARK offices. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.