WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Do conversations about product discovery, A/B testing, and prioritization make you perk up your ears? Do you spend week nights cozied up with your dog, a tasty beverage, and some fresh data? Do you find yourself constantly asking “What if there was an app for dogs that…” and wonder where all the other dog-crazy people are? If so, we should totally chat!
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs and want to build things to make dogs happy. We are hiring a Lead Product Manager to join our team to work on our subscription products and mobile apps. You’re an analytical and accountable product leader that gets your fix by communicating across functional teams, juggling competing priorities, and building your vision for the bigger picture. Empathy comes naturally to you, and you’ll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Work with business owners and stakeholders to define product vision and strategy to inform our digital product roadmap.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, launch, and testing of innovative products to solve customer problems and drive business objectives within native app experiences.
- Drive product development with our team of designers and engineers, ensuring we rely on data to inform testing, launching, and iterating on projects.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Manage, prioritize, and communicate metric goals, experiments, product backlog and roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring best possible holistic user experience to improve the existing customer experience.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience at a technology product company, preferably on consumer-facing mobile products.
- Experience leading product squads working on native apps.
- Experience using data to inform and drive all aspects of the product life cycle. Must be able to identify KPIs, set metric goals, and use data to inform hypothesis driven experimentation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to retrieve and analyze your own data from across our various analytics services.
- Great written and verbal skills with both business colleagues and technical colleagues.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor.
- Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- You are obsessed with making dogs happy and healthy.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time (Not optional. Kidding. Maybe.)
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC and Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
See jobs at Bluecore