Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
BarkBox, New York, NY, Seattle, WA, Remote
A monthly box of dog goodies
WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Product Designer based in our New York City office. As a Product Designer at BARK, you will use your expertise to help evolve the user experience and product vision for our existing and future product lines.
- Collaborate, sketch, whiteboard, wireframe, deliver pixel-perfect deliverables, and iterate to learn how to improve our digital experiences.
- Produce product design UI deliverables for collaboration and handoff with Engineering
- Help lead evolution of our design system/s across different product verticals
- Bring a user-centered mindset to solve user problems through design
- Contribute to our design culture through thought leadership and collaboration
- Conceptualize and design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to execute rounds of user testing to validate hypotheses and de-risk new features and releases with user interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated usability tests, surveys and screener creation, etc.
- At least 3 years experience working as a Product or UI/UX Designer.
- Experience designing for native (iOS and Android) mobile experiences as well as experience with responsive mobile design.
- Experience with e-commerce or digital marketing is a plus.
- Understanding of best design practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility .
- Confidence to bring new tools and fresh ways of thinking to the table.
- Hands-on experience leading planning and executing rounds of research (screener and survey development, problem space interviews, usability tests, etc.).
- Experience collaborating on user research and usability testing (functional usability, A/B, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated, etc.).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong portfolio including examples of elegant UI designs that showcase your user-centered design thinking.
- A passion for doing more than just “making things look pretty”.
- Understanding of best, leanest ways to test and de-risk product assumptions before shipping, avoiding as much research bias as possible.
- Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, and layout.
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, Adobe CC, etc.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc.).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies.
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC and Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.