WHO WE ARE
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
First and foremost, you are an awesome communicator. You have a gift for keeping the ball rolling, getting everyone coordinated, and making sure each team is set up for success within the broader context of the organization’s goals. Your personal brand is energy and forward movement, but you have a good head on your shoulders and keep calm under pressure. Dogs play a key role in all of this.
- Ensure a cohesive and coordinated approach to organizational initiatives.
- Identify gaps and dependencies between teams, working closely with product managers, directors, and VPs to achieve alignment.
- Schedule and attend key cross-functional meetings, keep notes, assign tasks, and send follow-ups to ensure decisions and action items are clear.
- Collect, analyze, and refine status updates and plans from data, platform, and product teams.
- Write briefs to summarize projects, results, and next steps for executives.
- Understand and clearly communicate strategic goals relating to the tech team across BARK.
- Manage technical projects within Data Science & Analytics, plus projects that span multiple tech teams/squads.
- Keep roadmap documents and other general tech resources clear and up to date, and assist the CTO and tech VPs in medium- and long-term planning.
- 2+ years of experience working in an executive-facing role, coordinating large cross-functional projects to successful completion.
- Experience translating between technical and business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to get results in a startup environment.
- Experience managing multiple work streams under compressed timeframes.
- Experience implementing operational processes.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or technology.
- Comfortable using task-tracking / project management tools such as Jira, Asana, Trello, etc (we use Clubhouse).
- Skilled at creating and maintaining flowcharts, gant charts, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in Google Presentations, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar, and other GSuite tools.
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.