WHO ARE WE
The Creative Operations team gets things done. We are process nerds and proud of it! We love to-do lists, checking boxes and making sure everyone knows what they have to do, and by when. Our minds are curious, and we thrive on creating order out of chaos. We continually strive to improve the way work is done within the creative teams by creating structure and process for each of our unique projects. We operate cross-functionally to connect the dots and ensure that each project is moving ahead successfully. Basically we're the Jarvis to the creative team’s Iron Man, making sure their vision is brought to life in the best quality possible and within budget. If you LOVE organization, have a sense of humor and are a dog fanatic, come join us!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team to oversee the growing Essentials category of the BARK business. The right candidate will be experienced in project managing physical product development throughout the entire development and production lifecycle. They will possess a curious mind and thrive on organization and process development. They will enjoy learning about new functions and developing new processes to address the challenges of scaling a growing business initiative. They will have exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills to support working across multiple departments and communication with both internal and external teams. The right candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, detail oriented, and comfortable managing priorities on multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced cross-functional environment. And, of course, the right candidate will be passionate about creating the best dog products in the world!
- Project Manage all Essentials products from initial brief through to final delivery across multiple departments including, but not limited to, Merchandising, Design, Operations, Sourcing, Retail channels and Marketing.
- Identify project scope, create timelines and project plans with relevant departments and track progress to ensure each project is completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Partner closely with vendors to understand their timelines and requirements in order to create master project plans and schedules; synthesizing key details to share with relevant internal teams, and create clear, actionable assignments and timelines.
- Continually audit processes, timing and resources to ensure teams are set up to succeed as the category continues to grow.
- Set project milestones and deadlines and closely monitor all aspects of project progress. Identify, prevent, and manage risks throughout each project lifecycle, keeping stakeholders informed throughout the duration of the project.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including internal teams and vendors, providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5-7 years of relevant Project Management experience, preferably with physical product development
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, out of the box thinking to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills, good at building and maintaining relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and prioritize deadlines
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize effectively, multi-task and efficiently adapt to new projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in project management tools
- A self-starter and team player
- Someone who thrives on making order out of chaos, is excited to jump into a rapidly growing area of BARK’s business and own and develop processes as we scale the Essentials business further.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price