BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
- Create a holistic marketing strategy and channel mix, working closely with existing team and merchandising, in order to meet weekly and monthly sales goals
- Manage creative strategy, messaging/content, design, trafficking and performance for campaigns
- Develop and test retention strategies and conversion optimization
- Design and oversee paid social campaigns (Facebook + Pinterest + Instagram) working with campaign specialists
- Content marketing on organic social handles
- Work with SEO/SEM specialist on product marketing
- Work with dev on site enhancements, funnel optimization and tagging
- Integrate BarkShop into house channels, including BarkBox in-shipment pieces
- Manage and closely track the BarkShop marketing budget
- Expand BarkShop’s current channel mix and test new, up-and-coming channels
- Coordinate with Finance and Merchandising on the sales forecast and tracking
- Work closely with merchandising, technical development, product design and creation, and the broader marketing team (including email, paid social, SEO/SEM specialists)
- At least 10+ years of multi-channel, user acquisition experience
- Growth experience at a high growth e-commerce site(s)
- Online product marketing for a multi-SKU business
- Channel experience across: Email, Google/Yahoo!Bing, Paid Social, Organic/Content
- Proven ability to drive growth -- and without huge marketing budgets or reliance on discounts
- Savvy in Google Analytics and Excel (or whatever your spreadsheet of choice, no judging here) and finding key analytics and producing as-needed reports
- Work really well with others, including dogs
- Ingenuity, creativity, sense of humor, and a positive vibe
- Sincere interest in innovating the dog category and being part of creating a humorous, creative e-commerce brand and experience
- Working in a start-up or rapidly growing mid-size business
- Good sense of branding and creative
- Mobile commerce, app installs and deep-linking
- Direct mail and offline channels
- Your dog can do cool tricks
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for you and your family (including canine members!), a 401k, wonderful team lunches, and countless dogs to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Major Gifts Officer
Mozilla, New York, San Francisco
Senior Digital Strategist | Shopper
The Marketing Arm, Dallas
Social Media Manager - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Partner Marketing Manager
Schoology, NYC HQ
Sr. Marketing Manager
Christian Care Ministry, Melbourne, FL
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Postmates, San Francisco