BARK is a company building products, experiences and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Do product discovery, prioritization, and test result analyses make your tail wag? Do you spend weeknights cozied-up with your dog, an adult beverage, and a deck of user data to analyze? Do you find yourself constantly asking “Why did that happen?” and wondering if other dog people care about the same things you do? If so, we should totally sniff butts (figuratively, of course).
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs and want to build things to make dogs (& their people) happy. As the Product Manager of BarkBox Growth, you’ll be tasked with introducing those values and our brand to new customers, making their first interaction with BARK the best it can possibly be. You will be responsible for growing the largest business in our Commerce portfolio, working on a broad range of goals from conversion to new subscriber retention to customer NPS.
You’ll accomplish these goals by collaborating directly with the teams making the physical product a reality – including toy design, merchandising, and order fulfillment. You’re an analytical and accountable product leader that gets your fix from fostering great teams to build great things, making order out of chaos, and pushing your creative vision from idea to reality. Empathy comes naturally to you, and you’ll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Drive the vision for new subscribers. Push for innovative, customer-first experiences.
- Transform business objectives into a clear mission, with goals that your team can rally around.
- Translate the mission into a product roadmap, partnering with stakeholders to create clarity around scope, effort, and timing.
- Work collaboratively with partners from design and development teams to test, launch, and iterate on features, tracking progress and impact throughout the process.
- Learn about and advocate for the user. Push the entire team to know the customer better.
- 3+ years of experience in successful product development at scale for a B2C business.
- E-commerce experience in user-facing features and testing.
- Keen sense of design and ability to wire/prototype concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with mutticulous attention to detail. Data should speak to you. Ability to create back-of-the-envelope business models.
- Working understanding of programming languages and frameworks.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer, Growth
Change.org, Victoria, British Columbia
Project Manager (m/w) Private Label
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Product Support Engineer
Vice President of Product, Attractions and Rentals
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA or San Francisco, CA
Product Creative Project Manager (Korea)
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Palantir Technologies, Munich, Germany