BARK is sniffing around for a talented Jr. Merchandiser for our Retail team. You will work out of our NYC office and will assist in bringing retail product lines from the ideation phase to a reality in store. They will focus on assisting in the execution of treat and toy lines, endcap presentations, and the logistics required to make it all happen. As in-store presence grows, a strong candidate could grow to oversee more responsibilities.
- Assist in the execution of product lines for retail partners from brainstorm to on shelf
- Track, organize, and maintain inbound pre-production samples
- Vendor Outreach: Communicate clearly and professionally with vendors, and retail partners regarding:
- Production timelines, product costs, item specs, etc.
- Approach new product brainstorms with enthusiasm and out of the box ideas
- Partner with our packaging and sourcing team to ensure product info on collateral is accurate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; At least 5 years of vertical merchandising or product line management required
- Experience managing diverse cross functional and multi-level teams on project scope and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Fully proficient skills in assortment planning, retail acumen, marketplace knowledge, consumer knowledge and line planning.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight. Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Proven ability to ideate and apply creative thinking, including retail execution, and visual presentation development
- Serve as a leader on team to influence others to gain support for merchant-led initiatives and assortment decisions
We're dog people. Crazy dog people. BARK (that's us) launched in 2012 with BarkBox, our monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 40 million of our favorite things to the dogs in our pack, and we've used that accumulated expertise to create our own products, experiences, and content.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Specialist
LeagueApps, New York, NY
Operations Analyst, Driver Growth
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
VP of Global Customer Experience
Casper, New York
Manager of Supplier Quality
HelloFresh, New York, NY | Newark, NJ | Dallas, TX | Richmond, CA
Global Sourcing Manager
Harry’s, New York, NY
Senior Account Operations Executive, Hotel Supply
TripAdvisor, London, UK