WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as too many questions) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a QA Automation Architect to define and build out our automated test suite. You’ll work closely with the QA team, tech ops, and developers to keep bugs away from our Ruby on Rails site, mobile apps, and automated communication channels.
- Technical: Write well-designed, easily maintained, user-friendly tools to help QA move fast and scale.
- Leadership: You identify opportunities to squash repetitive tasks, avoidable errors, and inefficiencies.
- Collaboration: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- 4+ years of programming experience
- Experience working with a relational database
- QA experience on production websites
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand and build on an existing codebase
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Previous start up experience highly preferred
- Must love dogs
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using Cypress for test automation
- Mobile automation experience (XCUITest preferred)
- Familiarity with Rails a plus
This position is a full-time position. We have offices in New York City and Columbus, Ohio, but working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.