The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the payroll and benefits process for all employees. This role includes administrative doodies involving the development and maintenance of payroll systems, internal controls and records and the supervision of day-to-day payroll processing operations.
You will make an impact ensuring the accurate processing of BARK’s payroll for both Columbus, OH and New York, NY locations. As well as maintaining PTO schedules and ensuring all BARK employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Assist with the processing of weekly payroll using HRIS system to ensure compliance, accuracy, and efficiency
- Critically review pre-process payroll journals to ensure correct and accurate payroll processing
- Liaison with venue managers to resolve any payroll discrepancies
- Processes employee changes and terminations
- Assist with benefit administration; audit monthly benefit invoices
- Ensure compliance and adhere to company’s policies relating to processing of wages and paid time off
- Coordinate resolutions with payroll and benefit representatives and insurance carriers to address any inquiries/requests on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain business controls and audit trails for all payroll transactions, garnishments, etc.
- Handle unemployment claims and inquiries
- Maintain control of company payroll files, with strict confidentiality
- Filing, scheduling meetings, and managing all payroll needs
- Assists department with additional duties as needed
- 3+ years payroll experience
- Must be able to multi-task, meet time sensitive deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-motivated, maintains confidentiality.
- Knowledge of TriNet a plus
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices and labor & compliance guidelines.
- Experience with report writing module, exporting/importing for monthly reporting
- Strong communication, organization of tasks and customer service skills are a must.
- Proactive and capable of working as a member of a team, as well as independently.
- Understanding the importance and sensitivity of the payroll coordinator position and its confidentiality.
- Must have advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
We're dog people. Crazy dog people. BARK (that's us) launched in 2012 with BarkBox, our monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 40 million of our favorite things to the dogs in our pack, and we've used that accumulated expertise to create our own products, experiences, and content.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Director, Production Counsel Training Program
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Legal Counsel - China
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Sr. Payroll/Expense Reporting Specialist
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Associate - Customer Service Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Luxury Retreats - Accounting Manager
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Accounts Receivable Collection Assistant