BARK is a company building products, experiences and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happy.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? We (and the worlds dogs) are looking for you. BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs. We're looking for a data analyst to join our team.
As a Data Analyst at BARK, you will be responsible for analyzing BARK’s rich and varied data set; Shipping data, customer profiles, product reviews, dog traits and financial data. We have a diverse dataset that allows for deep insights into our business. You will be responsible for organising, standardising and analysing our data to tell deeper stories about our business; where we been and where we should go. Specific responsibilities include:
- Own data modeling in Looker
- Maintain a data dictionary that documents all data collected at BARK
- Write high-quality, performant, accurate, readable SQL with respect for best practices
- Analyze user requirements and prioritize your time accordingly
- Ensure users of Looker feel empowered to and capable of self-serving
- Develop Looker training curriculum for new employees
- Advocate with product and engineering teams for collection of the *right* data
We are looking for an exceptional data analyst with experience in the following areas to help us grow our business and to make dogs around the world happier. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it. Project examples and actioned insights speak volumes to us.
- 2+ years' experience in a SQL-intensive role, ideally in a BI/Analytics or data engineering/data science function
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to reporting accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to learn-by-doing
- Experience using data to advise or make business decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
And as a rapidly growing startup, we recognize and encourage exploration outside of our comfort zones. If you have experience in the following, please bring it to our attention as we will certainly have more to talk about.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in math, economics, engineering, or related
- experience with Looker, Salesforce data, web marketing data, event tracking data, and Redshift
- demonstrated statistical analysis and machine learning skills
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Analytics Specialist, Video Data Visualization and Reporting
Time Inc., New York, NY
Front End Developer - Data
Technical Solution Consultant
Zuora, New York
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Customer Support Data Scientist
Venmo, New York
Senior Global Benefits Analyst
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA