BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? We (and the world’s dogs) are looking for you. BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love dogs.
Are you ready to help bring original, funny and innovative dog products to life? Do you have a background in consumer products offered seasonally? Have you worked with merchandisers and designers to bring products to life? Do you have experience with source base investigation, vetting, and management? Do you have a passion for understanding and solving supply chain dynamics? If so, we’re ready to have your help.
We are looking for a sourcing professional with 4+ years of experience. You will be curious, entrepreneurial, flexible, and tolerant of ambiguity. You must be experience with new product introduction and working with merchants and design teams. You are also comfortable with data, data mining, and telling data-based stories in a visually compelling way. Process orientation is a valuable asset.
You will have experience in source base analysis, vendor management, and negotiations. You must be able to juggle multiple priorities, organize and track activity both independently and part of a close-knit team.
You will help maintain supply chain excellence. Plan sufficient supply capacity to meet demand for Bark products ensuring great quality products and advance the Bark sustainability agenda.
- Work closely with merchants and designers on upcoming new product introductions, and align sources to products
- Gather and maintain continual knowledge regarding supply market dynamics, trade and industry dynamics
- Create views of current supply market landscape: spend, volume, origins, costs, and other views
- Actively create and manage a portfolio of sources
- Responsible for full lifecycle product management, from vendor selection through delivery - with accompanying expectations for costing, maintaining visibility to all work in progress/production, supply planning, proactively troubleshooting issues, and on-going status communications
- Expert capabilities to determine optimal cost
- Lead-time, quality and delivery negotiations
- Assist in the updating and implementation of processes for product development and sourcing
- 4+ years of experience in sourcing
- Background in supply chain management, merchandising, business management, engineering or related field
- Highly refined information seeking and data mining skills
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint, and data analysis skills
- Unquestionable ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Supply Chain Operations Associate
HelloFresh, Grand Prairie, TX
(Junior) Supply Chain Analyst / Menu Planner (m/f)
Payment Operations Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Physical Security Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Contract Content Specialist
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA