Basis Technology is a world-class text analytics company looking for a UI developer to join our applications team. Come build new software is used in identifying the sentiment of text, categorizing documents, parsing sentences, determining parts of speech and do this across 55 different human languages! Join us and help us create the next wave of software for NLP and text analytics.
Work as an integrated member of a multidisciplinary agile development team on Basis’s flagship products. Reporting to an engineering director, work with the development team to incrementally build out new features for a multifaceted text analytics service for the Cloud and Enterprise. The UI developer will focus on building the human interface with the backend service to allow easy adaptation, customization, configuration, sizing/tuning, and horizontal/vertical scalability.
- Work with product manager and engineering product owners to define, design, and develop web-based user interface through iterations
- Identify and integrate best-of-breed 3rd party UI frameworks and libraries to bootstrap and accelerate development efforts
- Collaborate with backend engineers to implement RESTful interfaces for client/server communication
- Establish and execute design/coding convention and best practices for all Basis’ UI-centric applications
- 3+ years of experience of design and developing modern web applications
- Practical experience in setting up a UI development environment from scratch with build and test automation
- Familiar with issues and solutions for cross-browser and mobile compatibility
- Experience with large scale enterprise software administration and configuration UI is highly desirable
- Experience with RESTful server implementation
- Java coding skills a plus
- Familiar with a Mac or Linux desktop environment, especially with command line utilities and scripting
- Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills
About Basis Technology
About We’re the leading provider of software solutions for extracting meaningful intelligence from multilingual text and digital devices Our mission is to improve the process of extracting meaningful intelligence from unstructured multilingual text and digital devices by developing the industry’s best software. Since our founding in 1995, our products and services have been used by over two hundred major firms, including Amazon.com, EMC, Endeca/Oracle, Exalead/Dassault, Fujitsu, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Oracle, and governments around the world. Our language analysis and digital forensics software are widely used in the U.S. defense and intelligence industry by firms such as BBN, CACI, Lockheed Martin, MITRE, Northrop Grumman, and SAIC. We’re also the top provider of Asian linguistic technology to web search engines, including Ask.com, Google, Microsoft Bing, and Yahoo!. Through these relationships, we’ve developed a reputation for deep expertise in computational linguistics and digital forensics, an uncompromising commitment to providing quality software and services, and dedication to serving our customers’ needs with unparalleled support. Our Rosette linguistics platform uses state of the art natural language processing techniques to improve information retrieval, text mining, machine learning, statistics, and computational linguistics. Rosette provides capabilities like identifying the language of incoming text, providing a normalized representation in Unicode, and locating names, places and other key concepts from a body of unstructured text. Rosette is the world’s most widely-used family of commercial software products for multilingual information retrieval. Its reliability, scalability, accuracy, and strict compliance with industry and international standards have been put to the test in high volume transaction environments, such as Google’s multilingual search engine, PeopleSoft’s human capital management software, and Amazon.com’s global e-commerce system. Our digital forensics group provides investigative services and software to make examiners more efficient. They develop solutions that focus on speed, ease of use, and extensibility for incident responders, corporate investigators, law enforcement, and the military. The digital forensics group are the primary contributors to several open source projects, including Autopsy and The Sleuth Kit, for which they provide commercial add-ons, training, and support.