Software Engineer - Rosette
Basis Technology, Tel Aviv, Israel or London, UK
Data is messy. We make sense of it.
Basis Technology is the leading provider of software solutions for multilingual text analytics, identity resolution, and digital forensics. Our solutions are used by leading technology companies and government organizations to improve the accuracy of information retrieval, text mining and other applications through advanced linguistics and digital forensics.
We are looking for a Entry-Level Software Engineer who will be responsible for providing frontline support for the Rosette customers globally and working with our sales team. Reporting to the Senior Technical Support Manager, the software engineer will primarily be responsible for first line (L1) support, with the opportunity to grow to providing L2 support and creating software to aid customer projects. This is an opportunity to learn and grow with a team that’s offering cutting edge technology in the field of multilingual text analytics.
- Hands on support engineer providing L1 support via email and phone to customers around the world
- Track and report service metrics and set up reporting on productivity, quality, availability, etc.
- Maintain and develop escalation procedures for support and back end engineering teams
- Create software for sales demos and customer-specific projects
- Learn existing and new Basis products
- Serve as the liaison between Basis and the customer
- Manage customers’ issues and keep them informed of progress
- Perform acceptance testing of product releases
- Generate licenses and support sales engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of Java and/or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion to solve customers’ issues
- Ability to troubleshoot a range of user issues from installation to understanding product usage and configuration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of computational linguistics, NLP, and/or data science a plus
- Knowledge of or experience with relevant search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr and/or Apache Lucene a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Basis Technology
About We’re the leading provider of software solutions for extracting meaningful intelligence from multilingual text and digital devices Our mission is to improve the process of extracting meaningful intelligence from unstructured multilingual text and digital devices by developing the industry’s best software. Since our founding in 1995, our products and services have been used by over two hundred major firms, including Amazon.com, EMC, Endeca/Oracle, Exalead/Dassault, Fujitsu, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Oracle, and governments around the world. Our language analysis and digital forensics software are widely used in the U.S. defense and intelligence industry by firms such as BBN, CACI, Lockheed Martin, MITRE, Northrop Grumman, and SAIC. We’re also the top provider of Asian linguistic technology to web search engines, including Ask.com, Google, Microsoft Bing, and Yahoo!. Through these relationships, we’ve developed a reputation for deep expertise in computational linguistics and digital forensics, an uncompromising commitment to providing quality software and services, and dedication to serving our customers’ needs with unparalleled support. Our Rosette linguistics platform uses state of the art natural language processing techniques to improve information retrieval, text mining, machine learning, statistics, and computational linguistics. Rosette provides capabilities like identifying the language of incoming text, providing a normalized representation in Unicode, and locating names, places and other key concepts from a body of unstructured text. Rosette is the world’s most widely-used family of commercial software products for multilingual information retrieval. Its reliability, scalability, accuracy, and strict compliance with industry and international standards have been put to the test in high volume transaction environments, such as Google’s multilingual search engine, PeopleSoft’s human capital management software, and Amazon.com’s global e-commerce system. Our digital forensics group provides investigative services and software to make examiners more efficient. They develop solutions that focus on speed, ease of use, and extensibility for incident responders, corporate investigators, law enforcement, and the military. The digital forensics group are the primary contributors to several open source projects, including Autopsy and The Sleuth Kit, for which they provide commercial add-ons, training, and support.
Want to learn more about Basis Technology? Visit Basis Technology's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.