Test Automation Engineer
Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Innovative Compliance for the Future of Finance
Beam is disrupting a $7.5 billion compliance software market. Beam’s scalable technologies incorporate new data sources for our bank and fintech partners, helping make the financial system safer while maximizing the value and utility of critical compliance resources. As an engineer at Beam, you will be building large scale, comprehensive, elegant, and easy to operate compliance solution for fintechs, large banks, small banks, credit unions, and broker-dealers.
We are seeking a Test Automation Engineer who will join the QA team in our R&D department to help maintain our high standards of quality of our company's cutting edge products. The position will involve automation development as well as manual testing. You will be responsible for converting manual tests to automated tests. You take pride in owning and maintaining the technical work environment. You enjoy learning new technologies and sharing your work with others. Lastly, you have been looking for an opportunity where you can use your passion and skills for a greater good against financial crime.
Our main office is located in the Jackson Square district of San Francisco and we offer a generous full range of benefits.
Skills and Experience
- Primarily, a tester mindset who prioritizes quality and bug discovery.
- High-level proficiency and at least 2-3 years of recent hands-on Selenium Webdriver experience.
- Robust understanding of testing methodologies and how tools can help.
- Practical experience in manual testing of user interfaces and backend systems.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Minimum of 2 years coding proficiency in at least one major programming language.
- Familiar with cloud infrastructures such as AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools.
- Team player and self motivated with a strong desire to learn new testing tools and test strategies.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Provides realistic estimates; can prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with containerization.
- Well versed to work within Linux environments.
- Understanding of messaging systems.
- Financial services domain knowledge related to risk management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for Hiring, Beam will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Beam Solutions
Innovative Compliance for the Future of Finance.
Beam uses machine learning and new data sources to offer better compliance software for fintechs, banks, broker-dealers, entities utilizing blockchain, and other regulated financial groups. Our API-based SaaS platform helps customers dramatically reduce false positives and enhance transaction monitoring. Beam exceeds anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC) and suspicious activity reporting (SARs) regulatory requirements and maximizes compliance resources - all for substantially less cost than the current standard. The company is led and advised by industry and regulatory veterans.
We are a small and dedicated team on a mission to change the way companies prevent and detect money laundering, terrorism and related crime. If you are passionate about leveraging modern technology to make the world a better place we want to talk to you about joining us. Beam offers generous benefits, vacation and equity -- we believe a healthy work-life balance and happy employees make for a stronger company.
To be the industry leader in providing software to financial services companies for the prevention, detection and reporting of criminal and other suspicious activity.
Constantly apply and adopt the latest technological trends and creative innovation to change the way companies detect money laundering, terrorism and related crime. We aim to help our partners go beyond satisfying government requirements, to minimize reputational risk and genuinely address harmful activity.
Beam’s solution brings explainable AI and new data sources to address a widespread, costly problem.
Our Core Values
Browse our open positions to get a feel for what you will embark on with us.