Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Innovative Compliance for the Future of Finance
Beam is disrupting a $7.5 billion compliance software market. Beam’s scalable technologies incorporate new data sources for our bank and fintech partners, helping make the financial system safer while maximizing the value and utility of critical compliance resources. As an engineer at Beam, you will be building large scale, comprehensive, elegant, and easy to operate compliance solution for fintechs, large banks, small banks, credit unions, and broker-dealers.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help design and construct the ongoing scalability of Beam’s cloud infrastructure. You'll be deeply immersed in our all our Infrastructure efforts around bridging automation, security, networking, and performance aspects. Delivering highly-scalable development and deployment pipelines that are highly configurable and easy to maintain would be your primary focus and motivator in this role. Being an Infrastructure Engineer at Beam means that you take pride in owning and maintaining the technical work environment, enjoy learning new technologies and sharing your code with others.
Our main office is located in the Jackson Square district of San Francisco and we offer a generous full range of benefits.
- Collaborate with the entire R&D team to architect and build a distributed cloud-based SaaS solution for transaction monitoring.
- Build push-button deployment systems by automating the continuous end-to-end development to deployment process.
- Revolving within our infrastructure and production environments, gathering business requirements, handling DevOps tasks, and working with other members of the engineering team.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS cloud.
- Proven understanding of cloud automation frameworks like Puppet, Chef, Rundeck, CloudFormation, etcd, zk, Redis.
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Highly familiar with NoSQL and distribute environment such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Neo4j, Kafka, Hadoop.
- Strong networking design, implementation, and maintenance experience.
- Proficient in common DevOps environments and languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, Groovy, Go.
- Thrives on the Linux command line.
- Low pain threshold for repeatable manual tasks with the desire to constantly automate.
- Strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Obsessive in delivering quality software.
- Passionate about open source.
- Relentless in keeping solutions secure.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- White Hat Hacker.
- Networking and security certificates.
- WORM, PCI, FINRA, and SEC compliance knowledge.
- Infrastructure auditing experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for Hiring, Beam will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Beam Solutions
Innovative Compliance for the Future of Finance.
Beam uses machine learning and new data sources to offer better compliance software for fintechs, banks, broker-dealers, entities utilizing blockchain, and other regulated financial groups. Our API-based SaaS platform helps customers dramatically reduce false positives and enhance transaction monitoring. Beam exceeds anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC) and suspicious activity reporting (SARs) regulatory requirements and maximizes compliance resources - all for substantially less cost than the current standard. The company is led and advised by industry and regulatory veterans.
We are a small and dedicated team on a mission to change the way companies prevent and detect money laundering, terrorism and related crime. If you are passionate about leveraging modern technology to make the world a better place we want to talk to you about joining us. Beam offers generous benefits, vacation and equity -- we believe a healthy work-life balance and happy employees make for a stronger company.
To be the industry leader in providing software to financial services companies for the prevention, detection and reporting of criminal and other suspicious activity.
Constantly apply and adopt the latest technological trends and creative innovation to change the way companies detect money laundering, terrorism and related crime. We aim to help our partners go beyond satisfying government requirements, to minimize reputational risk and genuinely address harmful activity.
Beam’s solution brings explainable AI and new data sources to address a widespread, costly problem.
Our Core Values
Browse our open positions to get a feel for what you will embark on with us.