Chief Revenue Officer
Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Innovative Compliance for the Future of Finance
Beam is disrupting a $7.5 billion compliance software market. Beam’s scalable technologies incorporate new data sources for our bank and fintech partners, helping make the financial system safer while maximizing the value and utility of critical compliance resources. As the Chief Revenue Officer for Beam, you will be generating rapid revenue growth by refining our sales, and marketing strategies.
Beam is a rapidly growing venture-backed startup led by industry veterans. With a strong product vision and an experienced development team, our product is filling a tremendous gap in the market today. Our Chief Revenue Officer will be a player-coach building a high-performing sales, and marketing team, personally managing key accounts, and working closely with the CEO and other key leaders.
For this role, we are very focused on relevant industry experience. A successful CRO for Beam will have experience in compliance, enterprise B2B SaaS Sales, and to a lesser but important degree, Marketing (both traditional and digital). The right candidate must have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with C-level executives of key target clients and channel partners, and they should have a customer success background that translated into increased expansion and renewals with these customers.
The CRO will actively participate in strategic planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections. This person will also participate in contract negotiations and will promote and nurture ongoing opportunities with customers. They will also oversee all Channel/Partner development, adding new sales channels and third-party resellers and partners.
This role requires strong financial analytical, modeling, writing, and software skills. The CRO will also be an evangelist for Beam through participation in key industry events. They will test demand generation, selling, growth hacking, etc., to measure success and failure, and as a leader they need to know when, where, and how to “double-down.”
Our main office is located in the Jackson Square district of San Francisco and we offer a generous full range of benefits.
- Create a standardized outreach for current and future customers and coordinate its implementation across sales channels, customer management, and marketing and communications.
- Work closely with the executive team and board of directors to develop growth strategies for pioneering new markets and opportunities.
- Identify optimal pricing strategies through best practices, processes, and tools.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics that drive compensation and promotions.
- Prospect and close relationships with key target clients.
- Regularly measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness, form strategic product road maps, create market positioning and competitive advantages, and determine budget trade-offs with a goal of continually improving and developing sustainable results.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting.
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success.
- Mentor the Sales staff on best practices to help them maximize their potential at Beam.
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals.
- Oversee all Channel/Partner development, adding new sales channels and third-party resellers and partners.
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning.
- Leverage customer research (quantity and quality) to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in compliance and B2B SaaS sales channel development
- Data-driven / metrics-driven: create a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation, and promotions to tangible results
- Understand and embrace the differences between marketing and sales, while at the same time establishing processes to ensure their coordination across the full revenue cycle to ensure the greatest revenue growth possible
- Self-starter: ability to plan, execute, and implement change
- Team player who enjoys hands-on work as well as strategic planning
- Passion for Beam's mission
- Energetic and motivating personality
- Highly analytical critical thinker
- Leading from the front: move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing, and participating in the work being done
- Goal-oriented: naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication skills: an innate ability to channel different points of view, able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly, able to create a team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives, and excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Professional: unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for Hiring, Beam will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Beam Solutions
Innovative Compliance for the Future of Finance.
Beam uses machine learning and new data sources to offer better compliance software for fintechs, banks, broker-dealers, entities utilizing blockchain, and other regulated financial groups. Our API-based SaaS platform helps customers dramatically reduce false positives and enhance transaction monitoring. Beam exceeds anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC) and suspicious activity reporting (SARs) regulatory requirements and maximizes compliance resources - all for substantially less cost than the current standard. The company is led and advised by industry and regulatory veterans.
We are a small and dedicated team on a mission to change the way companies prevent and detect money laundering, terrorism and related crime. If you are passionate about leveraging modern technology to make the world a better place we want to talk to you about joining us. Beam offers generous benefits, vacation and equity -- we believe a healthy work-life balance and happy employees make for a stronger company.
To be the industry leader in providing software to financial services companies for the prevention, detection and reporting of criminal and other suspicious activity.
Constantly apply and adopt the latest technological trends and creative innovation to change the way companies detect money laundering, terrorism and related crime. We aim to help our partners go beyond satisfying government requirements, to minimize reputational risk and genuinely address harmful activity.
Beam’s solution brings explainable AI and new data sources to address a widespread, costly problem.
Our Core Values
Browse our open positions to get a feel for what you will embark on with us.