- Build and establish the bellhops team - Onboard and coach a team of bellhops (movers) in your market. You will build a culture of customer focused obsession into the workforce.
- Manage warehouse operations - You will manage a warehouse location that will be the central meeting point for bellhops and house all your capital assets including moving trucks.
- Problem Solve - You will be operating a technology platform combined with asset & workforce management in a logistically complex environment. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away, and nip them in the bud.
- Ownership and market growth - You will be responsible for your city P&L and quality rating as well as identifying and sharing best practices that benefit the company large-scale. You will be empowered to find innovative ways to succeed in your market - in fact, we provide bonus incentives for doing so.
- Develop and hone the local ops playbook - You will be building out a new operating model for Bellhops with in-market management. As the pioneer, you will be developing the playbook but also iterating it with each new learning.
- Partner with internal teams - You will work closely with Bellhops Acquisition, Customer Care, Truck Operations, Quality and other internal teams to unlock success in your market. City Operations taps into HQ resources like Marketing, Accounting, Finance and will need to strike the right balance between city and overall company targets.
- Grow and adapt to business needs - We are still a startup in a fast growth phase putting new operations and technology processes that are new to an industry. The role can and will change over the course of time and you will be able to rise to the occasion to tackle these changing business problems
- Deep city knowledge - The key to operational success and high quality moves factor is knowing your city like the back of your hand.
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Process acumen - You have the ability to build and document complex processes with many moving parts and dependencies from scratch.
- Management experience - Management experience with a large hourly or part-time workforce. You possess the EQ to inspire and lead a team.
- Clear communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights.
- You have 2+ years of operations experience - Bachelor’s degree required or relevant work experience in lieu of.
Bellhops is a modern company that combines technology with a team of talented workers to provide a fun, friendly, and professional moving experience. Bellhops began in 2011 as a simple solution for college students looking for help moving in and out of their dorms. After early success, the company expanded its services to include customers of all ages, with homes of varying sizes. To meet this demand, it developed the nation’s first tech-enabled platform, which not only streamlines the move-day process but also ensures customers are matched with the most-qualified movers and professional drivers in their area.