We're looking for a backend developer to work with us on a brand new mobile product. This is a contract position which will probably last 6-8 weeks, with the possibility of coming on full time if there's a mutual fit. We'd prefer if you could work 40 hrs per week with us in our NYC office, but for the right person we can be a little flexible on both hours & location.
Background we’d ideally like you to have:
- Familiarity with security and privacy best practices for sensitive data (we're working with financial information)
- Passionate about transforming data into useful insights and awesome product experiences
- Solid experience with Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Experience integrating with financial data providers (eg, Yodlee, Intuit) is a huge plus
- Located in NYC (negotiable)
Betaworks is a start-up platform based in New York. We focus on the intersection of media and technology. Our platform combines three areas of expertise. Since 2008, we have built products from the ground up like Giphy, Dots, bitly, Chartbeat and Tweetdeck. An investment fund for early stage start-ups related to the areas we are building in. Previous investments include: Tumblr, Kickstarter, Medium and Gimlet. And camp; a thematic accelerator program for start-ups in frontier technology such as Bots, AI and Verbal Computing. We work to bring together these three areas to create extraordinary companies and work with exceptional people combining art and science.
Want to learn more about betaworks? Visit betaworks's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.