Customer Experience Associate (Philadelphia)
Betterment, Betterment - Philadelphia
Investing Made Better
About the right team member:
You like interacting with people, fixing things, and are a master at the art of the analogy. You understand what it means to be a champion of a brand. You are the voice of the company for customers, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment. You understand what it is like to be a customer, and appreciate going above and beyond to delight people and solve their problems. This role is key to enhancing our customer-focused product, supporting its users, and is relied on by every team in our organization.
Recent graduates welcome!
This role is based in Betterment’s brand new Philadelphia office, where you’ll be a part of our remote Customer Experience team (alongside our Marketing and Engineering teams).
At Betterment you will get to:
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service and experiences through phone, email, live chat, and social media channels
- Explain complex transactional and investment principles clearly, helping prospects and customers see the benefits of our products
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions
- Act as the internal voice of the customer, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product
You will be effective if you have:
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Expertise with customer service, financial services or retail banking
- Interest in becoming a subject matter specialist in finance and personal investing
- Technical savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to build rapport - you will speak with our customers through both email and in real-time over our live chat feature
- Weekend and flexible availability
- Interest in working out of our first remote office location in Philadelphia
Bonus points If you have:
Customer service, call center or related experience working with CRM systems (for example: Salesforce, Jira, Zendesk, Desk, ZoHo, etc.)
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $17 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Support Specialist, Associate
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Visa, Ashburn VA, US
Patient Support Representative
Customer Solutions Expert
Tour Guide Bolivia (German + French Market)
Ventura TRAVEL, Bolivia
Part Time Shop Supervisor
Outdoor Voices, San Francisco, CA