Betterment is hiring an associate to join our talented Acquisition Marketing team to help manage our SEM and other digital channels. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a team directly responsible for building our customer base and growing a company disrupting the financial services industry. Reporting to our Acquisition Marketing Manager, you’ll get exposure to our innovative marketing strategy and dynamic, creative team.
About the right team member:
You’re curious, creative and have a test and learn mentality; you have a passion for analyzing data to tell a story. You’re always looking for ways to improve campaign performance, and love building hypotheses, launching tests, and analyzing results. You have a deep knowledge of SEM and keep on top of the always changing ecosystem. You’re familiar with landing page optimization, SEO, and mobile marketing; you’re curious about other digital channels and want to learn more about display, mobile, and ASO. You love being part of a team and pitching in on projects, but can also take direction and run with a task.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Execute our SEM programs to acquire new customers at a target LTV/CAC, including keyword research, informing and writing ad copy, targeting, testing, optimizing and reporting.
- Build and measure testing plan, including landing pages, ad copy, keyword groups, and targeting. Work to improve quality scores and landing page performance.
- Manage SEM budgets, agency relationships, and vendors across existing and new campaigns.
- Collaborate with our brand, copywriting, product, engineering, and design teams bring Betterment’s product to life.
- Support mobile marketing and ASO initiatives.
- Support our programmatic display campaigns by trafficking, tracking campaigns, collaborating on strategy and measuring tests.
- Partner with SEO manager to boost performance and build search strategy.
You will be effective if you have:
- 2-4 years of work experience in a data-driven digital marketing role at a fast-paced workplace (brand or agency), with direct experience managing SEM.
- Experience with SEM optimization and audience/targeting tools including RLSA.
- Strong Excel, organizational, and time management skills and a willingness to learn SQL.
- Direct platform experience with Google Ads, Bing and Apple Search.
- Self-starter approach to work, with drive to consistently exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, conversion tracking and attribution models.
- An ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in another digital channel (paid social, display) or mobile marketing (ASO, app install).
- Experience managing campaigns for products with a longer consideration and purchase cycle.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Operations Specialist
Treasure Data, Mountain View, CA
Senior Partnerships Manager, DACH
Twitch, Berlin, Germany
Senior Communications Strategist
Shape Security, Mountain View
Vimeo, New York, NY
Head of Enterprise Marketing, Japan
Slack, Tokyo, Japan
Marketing Operations Demand Center Specialist
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California