About the right team member:
You’re a driven, self-starter that is passionate about change. You like a challenge and are creative in your solutions. This position will be based in NYC and you'll join a new and growing business line with big goals to drive major change.
Betterment is seeking a talented Director of B2B Marketing to lead and manage all aspects of the B2B marketing organization, including strategy, budget, planning, operations, and execution for Betterment for Business (B4B) and Betterment for Advisors (B4A). You will report directly to the Head of B2B Sales and, as a member of the B2B leadership team, work collaboratively to help determine overall go to market strategy and client growth and retention strategies.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Function as a key member of the B2B leadership team, collaborating with head of the businesses and sales to drive our revenue growth strategy.
- Craft the messaging and positioning for B4B and B4A, clearly articulating their unique business value propositions, showing how B4B and B4A drive growth and solve problems for our clients.
- Build a strong competitive intelligence program help position us well against our competition across sales, marketing, and product development.
- Create high-impact, go-to-market strategy to support our sales process by creating all sales support materials, including brochure sites, prospect/client decks, marketing collateral, and industry presentations.
- Working with our subject matter experts to demonstrate thought leadership via content marketing that includes whitepapers/guides, checklists, infographics, videos, social media, and blog posts.
- Lead market research and analysis to drive market segmentation and target prospect identification, and uncover market trends.
- Develop a data-driven marketing strategy to source cost-effective qualified leads, and establishing a methodology to measure, track and course-correct.
- Create and implement demand generation campaigns that generate leads, drive awareness and aid in qualifying prospective clients.
- Collaborate with corporate brand team for the overall institutional brand awareness.
You will be effective if you have:
- 10+ years experience leading and mentoring a high-performing full stack marketing team within the Asset Management and/or Retirement space.
- Success developing go-to-market strategies and shaping a company’s public profile.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to create a strong partnership with sales, product, and corporate marketing and brand teams across sales execution, positioning, market awareness, and product roadmap development.
- Proficiency in SalesForce/Pardot
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication, an advanced degree is a plus.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.